Sunday, June 01, 2014

Flea Market Sunday


Oh boy, it was a hot and steamy morning at the flea already and it's only June 1!  I had everyone with me this morning and Sammi was meeeeeeeeeeellllllllllttttttttttttting.  You can tell I am in the throes of mothering two small kids right now when you see me at the flea market sitting in the grass in the shade reading story books to the littles. LOL (I am NOT a slow thrifter. I get in there, go quick and get the heck out of dodge.)

It was a slow junk morning too.  There was this REALLY, REALLY beautiful maple bench. It was perfect. It would be so great at a dining room table.  It was affordable.  But?  It wouldn't fit in the van with all the kids. I wasn't sure it would fit at the current table and although a farm table is on my wish list who knows when that will happen. It would have been a crime to paint it and I really like things painted.  So I left it. I might regret that for years.
I did buy another barn. I actually thought I already had this barn but because it still had it's cupola I bought it. Turns out I do not have this barn already.  I actually think I love the barns more than the tin dollhouses. (I have one I need to sell, should get on that I suppose.)
There was a pile of pictures for a dollar each.  Jack likes art. But real art. Whenever I thrift a nice piece he snags it for his room. I am pretty sure this is a print and not a sketch, but he liked it enough to snag it.
Me? Still a sucker for all things vintage baby.
I was inquiring about the prices of some paper mache bunnies and vintage wrapping paper (I probably should have bought that but I had NO clue what to do with it when I was there, of course now I have ideas, grr) at a booth and he mentioned he had fabric under the table.  It's all scraps, but good scraps. This is a quilting cotton.
And these are BEAUTIFUL voiles.

The good news is that blogging about the wrapping paper is making me kick myself more than the bench.  Heh.

Peaceful Sunday wishes to you!

4 comments:

  1. Fun finds. I'm especially loving the metal barn. I'm impressed you managed as well as you did with the heat and the littles. Josie would have been melting too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will seriously lose sleep over things I missed out on or didn't buy. I think we have a problem, Sarah!

    Have an awesome week!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that barn, it reminds me of one my brother had when we were kids. Looks like it's in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a bunch of vintage/antique wrapping paper! I will send you some :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?