Monday, July 21, 2014

Bike rim wreath

I had a linen buyer at the house yesterday and one of my first thoughts was "crap, no wreath on the door right now!"  Weird, I know, but I always have a wreath of some sort.

I saw the bike rim thing on pinterest (of course), but was having a hard time coming up with a rim to use.  When I asked Dave he suggested using one off my childhood bike that is in the basement.  Good idea Dave! No one is using that bike right now.
I didn't want to permanently attach anything to it, so everything is just stuck on with poster putty or wired on with floral wire.  I also didn't want to cut the tails off my precious ribbons, so they are just rolled up and taped to the back of the medallion.
Washi tape + card stock.
It's cute. And different. And it only took about 15 minutes.

My only complaint is that the bolt that goes through the middle makes it not hang flat. You could solve that if you had a rim you were willing to tear up. 

It'll do until a fallish hint is in the air. :-)

2 comments:

  1. very cute. I like your washi/card stock bunting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop showing off, Sarah!

    Seriously, super super cute and probably something I could even do :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?