The best thing I can say about this quilt is that its a good thing I was just making it to get to know my new Bernina. If I had invested a lot of time, or thought, or money, I would be even more disappointed.
(I tried a blind hem stitch on the back of the binding because I didn't want to invest the time to hand sew on the hand binding.)
I haven't had this many puckers or problems since my first or second quilt. It appears that the basting pattern I used with the Husqvarna is simply not tight enough for the bernina. Also, when I stop sewing and attempt to shift the weight of the quilt in anyway the presser foot (or feed dogs, not sure which yet) is not engaged as tightly which causes the whole quilt to shift.
So I have to think about how to solve these problems. Due to my arthritis I am unable to baste on the floor, so I am cooking some ideas on basting at a working height that will give me a tighter baste. (Right now I use our bed, which was totally working, but obviously not on this machine). I also need a place where I can baste in spurts, because I won't be able to do something like stand on the basement floor in the playroom for 5 hours basting.
Anyway, it's done, I don't love it, but I am glad I did it. I do not want this to happen to the coin quilt I am working on now!