Saturday, July 19, 2014

Makin' more strawberries

Our Christmas in July tree was still feeling naked, so more strawberry ornaments were in order.

I cannot for the life of me find the link I used to make these paper strawberries!  Here is another pattern though. (There are a million tutorials out there for them, which I clearly ignored since mine are more triangular. I closed mine with brads, but using ribbons makes a lot more sense, d'oh.)


Fairly quick and easy and super cute.


The kids made cupcakes using some berry themed Martha Stewart craft stuff I have had for years. The nut cups have a strawberry flower on the bottom.  This is just the old pinterest "make a cupcake with a Styrofoam ball" craft.  Sammi's are pink.
Jack's are white with a cherry on top (which was a hot glue mess! do not try to have a kid hot glue something on top of very fluffy glitter).
Then they decided they wanted sprinkles, which lasted about 10 seconds before arguing started.
Or frustration in Jack's case, because he was convinced he could do this with glitter and well, glitter on top of glitter does not work in that way. He sorted that out fast enough (for himself) and declined the use of beads as sprinkles.

The tree could use some bows or something, which I had better hurry up with because Christmas in July is Friday!

1 comment:

  1. This may be my favorite tree of yours yet!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?