Saturday, August 09, 2014

Busy work


Oh my goodness, last week was NOT a good week at all around these parts. The kids were insane, the obligation list a mile long and by 9 pm last night I was ready to throw in the towel all around. Oy.

Yesterday I had to take my Dad to the VA for some tests. I knew it was going to mean a lot of sitting (I had no idea that their "3 hours" really meant I would be sitting down there for SEVEN HOURS though).  I rushed around Thursday night prepping a lot of hand sewing projects to take with me.  Turns out I took everything but a SEWING NEEDLE down there with me so I didn't get a single one of them done. Instead I literally just sat there staring at walls for 7 hours. Good times that.  (Actually it made me so crazy mad - I NEVER have kid free time like that! and there I was "wasting" it!)

Anyway, I finished up some of them today:
 
A pencil pouch for Jack for school since I refused to pay $5 for one in Target (and Jack said he would prefer I made one anyway).  I thrifted this fabric, and I only have a little bit of and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is? It's fairly modern - since 2005 or so I would imagine?  It's hard to find good fabric for stuff for Jack and this stuff is perfect, I would love to find more.
I decided to personalize that quilt I picked up last week for Grant to use.

I am digging the orange and blue together.
And even though it is 2 months away, I made Jack's birthday shirt.

I have Grant's prepped too but I need to hand sew that one.

The coin quilt is taking forever because I keep having to order fabric from the darn internet! 

We are going on a small vacation with my in laws soon and I need more hand sewing to take with me, but I am quickly running out of projects and ideas! (I am clearly way more into machine sewing these days.)  Maybe I need to make a Halloween costume for Grant...

Hmmm.

So, that's the week in brief review from our house. Hopefully things were smoother out there in internet land!

2 comments:

  1. That print is Spirograph doodles! (Did you not know the joys of Spirograph????)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- that spirograph print is fantastic -- it would sure be fun to find more of it. Have you see this new line: http://www.fatquartershop.com/robert-kaufman/mod-geek-sarah-johnston-robert-kaufman-fabrics Some of those prints would be great for Jack!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?