Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hapde Burfday Jack!


My Dearest Jack,


10 years ago today I met you for the first time.  This year, for the first time, I feel a little verklempt about that.
A whole decade together already.
You are a double digit dude  now!
You are starting to really grow into yourself.  Friends, braces, grade skipping, sleep overs, sleep away camp, siblings.  Growing up indeed.

The other day your sister wanted to ride a bigger bike. All by yourself you took off the training wheels on the little bike and put them on her bigger bike for her. You found the tools and just figured it out.

Some days there is just so much chaos in our house right now. So much crying and carrying on and attention needed from little people and it's easy for me to think I have just fucked it all up. To think that with all the nonsense there is no way I am doing this right.

And then you go and fix your sister's bike and I think, in that brief moment, that it's actually all going to work out just fine.

You have transitioned seamlessly into things I was not sure you would EVER do, never mind do at 9.

And I KNOW, without a doubt, you are destined for some seriously great thing.  And that those things are just around the corner.  This is your last elementary school year. After this we can start REALLY accelerating you to where ever you want to go in this life.

I don't really need to tell you are amazing anymore (although I still do) because by now YOU know it. Long gone are the days when I kept it to myself that were exceptional and you didn't know any better. At 10, you wear it with pride.  It's hard to do that at your age, and I am proud of that.

I will be there with you always. Your biggest cheerleader, your number one fan, your mama.

I am here you need me and watching (or waiting) when you don't.

I love you my biggest dude.

All my love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Happy 10th Birthday, Jack! Way to go with the training wheels. I'm pretty impressed!!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?