Wednesday, October 22, 2014

On the eleventh day of Halloween

On the eleventh day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:

One sleepy little girl who slept on the couch for hours yesterday after our insane 5 am wake up.
One finally finished little kid Halloween project. I made this one with Jack when he was small and ever since Sammi spotted it hanging up she has been dying to make one of her own. Yesterday we sat down and did just that.
Sammi's version. (I should've made more foot prints to fill out the wreaths better like I did with Jack!) (Sam must have a very high instep?)
And Grant's version. 

When I made Jack's he could obviously write and these two cannot yet, so I used a marker instead of paint and helped them write boo.

Also, because I could NOT remember how we made the pumpkins so many years ago - I used their palm prints. Paint only on the palm, not the fingers. I tried making it with their fists first and that was obviously not how I did it the first time.
And one GORGEOUS old yellow ware bowl with lid. 

Double thanks for that one Great Pumpkin!

1 comment:

  1. That bowl! And a sleeping Sam? It's pretty rare that we get to see her holding still :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?