Thursday, October 23, 2014

On the tenth day of Halloween - an Owl Mini Quilt

On the tenth day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:

A rerun. It's cloudy today and I really should have planned ahead and taken all the Halloween photos at once!

Never mind that though, in the age of pinterest this mini owl quilt I made when Jack was small deserves a rerun.

Super easy to do - even if you do not possess a ton of quilting skills. (Which I totally did not in those days!)

Fusible applique holds the owls in place.
That vintage black floral was PERFECT for this. (I wonder if I have any more of that fabric.)
The fussy cut polka dots that make the center owl's eyes and mask are what charms me every single year when I pull this one out of storage.

  I have been up since 5 again. Daylight savings should F U N ! this year. LOL

3 comments:

  1. I love this. so flipping cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I'm smitten with owls. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt! Every time you show it I think I should make one.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?