Sunday, November 30, 2014

I fell in over my head, but man, the heavens were smiling on me

This morning a very lucky angel brought me the most amazing box of quilt tops ever.

I am totally out of my league with these, so I will just let the pictures do the talking.

I believe they are all late 1800s/early 1900s, in AMAZING condition for the most part, and I think they were tucked away in this box for nearly a hundred years.

Because this genre of quilts is not what I collect (or know!), they are all going to be finding new homes, but if anyone can offer any help with them, I will love you forever. :-)
















Goodness, I am still pinching myself from this amazing find.

Really.

Happy Turkey Sunday to all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah! You do have a knack for finding stuff! I have a similar one with pink background and the dark wheels - no idea what pattern. List them quickly friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! The quilt patterns are so different from the ones you see from the 30s, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow Sarah -- what a haul! They're all great but I particularly love that first quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah, This is great. If these are still available for sale. let me know, please. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?