Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pine cones that took an embarrasingly long time

Last year as I was digging in my craft stuff for stuff I could use to decorate for "autumn", I came across these Martha Stewart pine cone boxes that Rebecca sent me an embarrassingly long time ago. 

And then I promptly did nothing with them and stuck them right  back in my autumn box. 

This year is their year! Out of the box, painted and hanging on our autumnal tree already.


I dry brushed different colors on the individual scales to add some interest.

I was trying to paint them autumnal colors, but I went ahead and painted one a creamy white. It turned out to be most favorite with the touch  of gold on the scales.

Next up - finishing the acorn project!

2 comments:

  1. I really like how those turned out. I have a few of my own that I need to do something with.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?