Friday, January 16, 2015

Sigh.

 
Hello there.
 
I had not intended to be away from this place of  mine for so long.  On Saturday we took the kids to do something special for Sammi's birthday - swimming at the indoor pool.
 
And then while we were there I had a horrible accident and well, things have not been the same since.
 
There were no presents or cake on Sweet pea's birthday and frankly, I can barely bring myself to look at these photos.
 
I still have a fair amount of discomfort and emotional drama to boot. I mean I am fine, but not. The children are taking a fair amount of time to process it as well. :/
 
I will tell you all about it once things are settled for good.








We also moved my mother from her small down town apartment to an apartment in a senior community right around the corner from us yesterday.  The move took an excruciating 12 hours. The building is filled with mostly women who are crazy about the children and looking forward to making a new friend with my mother. I REALLY hope she is able to make that happen. This place provides a lot of the things that I have been trying to provide (library, hair cuts, etc) while juggling the children plus it has the added benefit of being so close that I can more easily pick up her meds or whatever she needs.  The children are looking forward to being able to see her more often.

And that's what has been happening over here.

I need to get started on my valentines STAT, but my house is a complete wreck from all the upheaval (And time spent in doctor's offices) this week and I am in serious need of a mental break.

Hopefully your week has been better than mine?

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there. We are here to listen. I think your Mom's move to closer to you will bring the stress down a notch. And what kids don't benefit from senior attention. Think of all those in title only grandparents whose day will be brighten by those rosy cheeked children of yours. It's also a great empathy builder in children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Big hugs, Sarah. I'm worried about you. I will say a prayer right now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, Sarah! I wish there was more I could do to help. Hang in there....

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?