Thursday, May 14, 2015
So this is 40.
On the kids birthdays I document their development, their milestones, their likes and dislikes and so forth. So how about one for me on this milestone birthday?
40 things about me. Maybe.
1. Currently reading - all the quilt magazines.
2. Still reading - all the Stephen King
3. Eating - loads of fruits and vegetables in an effort to lose a few.
4. I hated raspberries until Jack was a toddler and we took him raspberry picking. Now I eat a pint a day.
5. I could spend all day quilting.
6. Or sitting outside with the kids.
7. I don't have a lot of give of fuck when it comes to the house these days.
8. I have even less give a fuck about cooking these days.
9. I feel 40.
10. But also I don't. That's weird.
11. It freaks me out to think my life is likely half done.
12. That makes me need to quilt all the things.
13. And buy all the fabric to quilt all the things.
14. If I could get back to England I would head straight for Liberty.
15. I finally bought myself some Liberty Tana Lawn for my birthday.
16. The last 6 years have kicked.my.ass. It's finally relenting.
17. Its a bit weird to be 40 and still have two very small kids.
18. That makes it hard to have girlfriends. All their kids are teens and so forth.
19. I obviously do not care that much though, because I don't do anything about it.
20. I hope I never have to go back to teaching.
21. My grandpa would die that I don't use that degree, but it gives me the security my grandma wanted me to have.
22. I feel like a Bon Jovi song - the skin I am in is alright with me, it's not old, just older.
23. I am on a mission to wear pink every.single.day now.
24. Why not? It makes me happy.
25. I need a nap every day.
26. Most days I manage to sneak in a few minutes while Sam watches tv.
27. My kids, dude, my kids. I have reached that point in life where I just look at them in wonder. I made them! After all that turmoil I made them.
28. I watch the Golden Girls every night.
29. And then I freak out because I am only 18 years younger than the Golden Girls.
30. At least I can laugh about it.
31. I am trying to be less hardcore, but lets face it, I am a hard ass.
32. I was born that way.
33. I am totally over people who find that intimidating.
34. When I was college I cried when my myers briggs personality test showed me to be a hard ass. Why? STOOPID. Someone has to be bossy.
35. I am still not sure I can believe in God. I mean I do, but I don't.
36. I find it endlessly fascinating to watch the children's relationships with God develop and it has me 100% convinced that some people are born with the gene to believe and some just are not.
37. I cannot wait until next year when the kids are big enough to start travelling! I used to go everywhere.
38. I miss that.
39. This morning started with 1 tantrum over a blue bowl and not a pink bowl, 1 tantrum over wanting to pour milk, and 1 child with his face in my face before I was even up telling me he needed his laundry done.
40. It's a glamorous life I lead.
41. It's alright by me.
Hapde Burfday to me!