Saturday, June 13, 2015

A starry owl baby quilt

I wish these pictures were better, this was a quilt commission and it turned out super sweet after some quilt design angst.  I had originally planned just the stars, but the stars seemed too pale alone and it really need some contrast and some oomph!  So the borders were added. This made it pretty large for a baby quilt (54 x 54 I think) but it did the job.


The field is actually a pale blue dot on white. I fussy cut the owls.
Adding a larger scale dot helped. As did a stripey binding.


I pieced the back for a change.

I think this is quilt finish 7 or 8 for me this year, but I cant seem to make that tag work on the blog so I can check. Oy.

Fabrics - random stash prints
batting - warm and white
quilting - number 4 on Bernice
pattern - stars inspired by a star I saw on instagram
gifted to a sweet new baby girl
finished June, 2015

1 comment:

  1. I really like the combination of the dots, stripes and florals you used on the edges and binding!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?