Saturday, October 03, 2015

What Cheer Flea Market, Take 2

I've been wanting to hit the flea in What Cheer in October for a few years now, but October always seems crazy around here.  This week, totally on a whim, I asked our baby sitter if she was free on Friday and she was!  Dave was actually able to take the day off, so off we went. 

It is a looooooong drive (especially to do all in one day!), but totally worth it.

The spoils:
More fabric books, I have quite the pile of these now. Guess I better make that quilt plan a reality, huh?
ADORABLE, aren't they?
Flowery hooks.
Holiday spoils. I usually totally ignore Thanksgiving stuff, but last year I did the mantle up for, so why not?  I've been looking for one of those Santa snowglobes I could afford for YEARS. My grandparents used to give them to me when I was a kid. FINALLY! One is mine.
A tablecloth.
A ton of quilt blocks.
A quilt I should've passed on as it is a little rough and I was REALLY trying to only buy very good condition quilts....hmmmmmm.
Unable to resist though.
And a very sweet quilt that I passed on the first time as I was thinking about something else I had passed on. Once I had acquired that I went back for this.
Luckily it was still there!
This is what was distracting me from the quilt. An antique mercury glass vase collection.  I am not sure I have ever seen these before outside of Martha Stewart Living. I fondled them we first came in, but I HAD just started shopping. I didn't want to buy just one, I really wanted them all, but it was too much money to spend right out of the gate. Lucky for me it was a slow day and they were all still there. The people I bought them from said they belonged to a lady who had died thirty years ago and her house has sat untouched for the last thirty years. They bought the house to rehab and now are trying to get rid of her stuff. I just love them SO MUCH. The condition is not perfect - especially the painted designs - but oh my word. One of my best flea market scores ever.
And a sweet quilt top.

Until next time What Cheer! I will be waiting with baited breath...

3 comments:

  1. Those vases are SO DAMN AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see what you do with them. What an awesome score!

    I have that same glittery pumpkin. Pulled him out of my stash yesterday but for the life of me can't remember where I got him.

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good job on those vases...sometimes you just need to buy something like that when presented with the opportunity. Meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing at your snow globe . I have the same one from my child hood. My kids call it the Santa and the slug globe as that's what it looks like Santa is carrying from the back. They were cheap and disposable back in the day. I'm glad we kept mine.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?