Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Hourglass quilt finish, floods and heart to heart

First up - if you were asking about yardage on the herringbone quilt there is no email for you! I used three yards of prints, five yards of kona solids and a queen flat sheet for that quilt.

Second - if there is interest I will run the heart to heart swap again this year, please email me at makinprojiks@gmail.com to let me know you'd like to participate. I will put up a more formal post if there is enough interest this year. (Basically you will send me approximately 14 valentines by feb 1 and you will receive 14 different valentines in return. Search heart to heart in the search bar to see examples.)

Third - it started raining here on Christmas night. It rained and rained and rained. Something like ten inches of rain. We are having historic flooding. This used to be a very small recreational lake In our neighborhood. It turned into a river when it joined up with the creek. I woke up sure I could see the lake from our house and indeed, I could. It covered the interstate, flooded many of the roads in town and marooned us on a little neighborhood island for a bit. Not even in 1993 was there water like this. 


It has receded now, but the rivers are still rising. It was completely surreal how quickly it happened. 
I also managed to finish my 14th quilt in 2015. This pattern is hourglass from a book called scrap basket beauties. It was a bit of a bugger, but I love the result.
Not great photo, ugh.


I used a large zig zag stitch to quilt it.


I think my favorite part is the variety of color I got from using a jelly roll. I'm not really into precuts but this has given me some new color ideas!

Back tomorrow with the annual family photo for New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. What say you?