Monday, December 21, 2015

Manly herringbone quilt finish


I've had to seriously bust some ass to crank out a queen sized quilt in a week. I usually only sew an hour a day, but I was working on this baby every single minute I could. Plus it's huge! The prints are one of Denyse Schmidts lines, Hadley maybe? The white is kona, the back a sheet from target, cotton batt.



The hardest part was ripping and ripping to get the points to line up. Some of the sashing ended up looking tortured in the process. 



 
 


I used a navy arrow for the binding.

This one is a gift for my brother, he's had a hard year, so I did the thing quilters do - attempted to wrap him in some love.

Jack has eye on it too, and he's been asking for a new quilt. Maybe I can convince him to choose a different pattern though! 

This my thirteenth quilt finish of 2015! 










4 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful and your brother will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind sister you are! The quilt looks great. Very impressive the number of quilts you've made - you're quite talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a kind sister you are! The quilt looks great. Very impressive the number of quilts you've made - you're quite talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! ANy chance you remember the yardage for this?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?