Sunday, May 29, 2016

Flea market Sunday

Every year on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend we go to the 100 mile yard sale. We tried to go on Friday, the forecast was not terrible, but when we got down there it was  huge storm. We turemed around and went home with plans to go on Saturday instead. And then Saturday morning it was raining again. 

So, new plan. We went to a city wide yard sale instead. 

The loot:


The picture doesn't do this justice.
Printed  tablecloth. 

A lone tea towel. 
I debated these for awhile because there is a bit of an eww factor. 
Very sweet musical tin egg.

Big pile of hankies,p.
A super sweet baby quilt that needs a few repairs and a new binding, 
Finally! The fisher price sesame house. A few months ago I thrifted a whole bag of the people and accessories. I set them aside and started really hunting the house. And now? I can't find the damn bag of accessories! Figures. I'm sure it will turn up in the playroom. 
Kiddie glasses, swanky swigs maybe? The paint on the last one is all faded.
Picnic basket and old milk cooler.
Quilt of course.

With teeny nine patches.

It was no 100 Mile yard sale, but good enough for me! (Although it doesn't feel like the start of summer without the tradition.)











3 comments:

  1. The little glasses are swanky swigs. I have a large collection. I started in the 1970's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finds are all amazing, but that milk cooler is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are indeed Swanky Swigs. Dang cute ones, too! I found an old milk cooler like that at the Farm Chicks show last year. Wish we still had milk delivery in our area!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?