Sunday, May 22, 2016

Quilts for comfort


Thus quilt was a super quick job. I bought the parts for the top on Instagram - they were someone else's Ufo. Whacked them together, basted and quilted it.

It is currently on its way to a family in need of some comfort.
I really like the idea of using Ufos this way - quick to finish and easily gifted.

I'm still trying hard to be a make one to keep, make one to give quilter. The majority of made by me quilts go to other homes. Which is good since my vintage quilt collection is nutso at the moment.

Top - paper pieced by Norma
Back - cotton couture 
Quilted by me - may 2016 for the brown family 

2 comments:

  1. The quilt is lovely. So very kind of you, it must be a wonderful comfort to those that need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is lovely. So very kind of you, it must be a wonderful comfort to those that need it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?