Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Vintage kitty appliqué pillow


The first weekend in May I bought this:
This week, I turned it into this :
Pillows are oddly hard to photograph, lumpy things. I ended up doing a zig zag over a raw edge appliqué, because no way could I do that cat shape with needle turn. I wanted edging, but not piping  so I used ric rac. I've never used it that way before and next time I won't try it without some zipper tape to hold it in place. It's backed with a super fluffy chenille.
The white ric rac is an emergency fix. It turns out that original blue fabric was not strong enough to withstand stuffing (eek! ), so I needed a bit of a cover up. 

Despite a few hiccups, I'm happy it's not sitting around as a Ufo for another 70 years! I'm sure Sammi will enjoy her on her bed.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe that sweet pillow will distract her from wanting all those amazing apples you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that pillow is the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that pillow is the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?