Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What are you going to be...

A bit of the kids on a Wednesday : 

Grant and sammi make "potions" all day long in the yard. 
After his most recent haircut (which involves a VERY chatty hairdresser who went on and on about grant looking like Ed Sheeran) , grant realized he could be anything he wants to be when he grows up. Current goal? "Rock star!" I bought him a guitar ("kittar") and he sings long black train while strumming.  He's also into the Star Wars theme, which he sings while verrrrry slowly lifting the toilet seat. 
I turned 41 this past weekend. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow, but I imagine it all works out in the end. (My hair needs a cut in the worst way though.)  I had something happen last week that was like a teeny peek into a life I didn't choose long ago. One of those things where you can go left or right but you must  choose right then. I'm happy I chose the road I did, that's for damn sure. That brief glimpse into the other road haunted me for a few dAys and left me saying "I just want to raise the kids and make pretty things." It definitely left me with a long lasting case of the proverbial #blessed (which is so over used, lol). Anyway, just looking at us altogether like that is a daily reminder of what a miracle they all are!
The little two are thick as thieves these days. I'm super hesitant to send Sammi to kindy and ruin that. I hadn't enrolled her yet, for a number of reasons (mostly she do not seem ready at all way back in Jan). But now she has made great progress on her skills with more learning time with me and she has started talking about kindy every day. I  still am waffling a teeny bit.
Our yard is bursting with wildlife. Skinks and baby rabbits and hummingbirds and bees and butterflies. Grant was lucky enough to get very close (he didn't touch it!) to our baby one day. We learn a lot of science out back! 

They have also started putting on shows for me. I can't remember what this one was, but they are praying about how much they love each other. The preschool has done an amazing job with their religious education so far and I'm trying to figure out how to continue that as Sammi moves on to public school. (I wish we could afford their kindergarten!) 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. What say you?