Monday, June 20, 2016

A Father's Day quilt for Dave

As I was deciding what quilt to make next, I decided it was Dave's turn. 

Simple half square triangles turned not so simple when I had to buy the black and white print from alL corners of the earth - including Alaska! But it was the prefect compliment to the New Bedford prints, so well worth doing. 
To personalize it I put the kids initials in the corners. It's backed in chambray, which was a new choice for me  but it seemed suited to the masculine prints. 

They were surprisingly easy to make (I have an improv alphabet book). 
Then I embroidered on their hand prints. 



Happy Father's Day to my one and only!



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely Father's Day quilt! I love the kids hand print too - what a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. You never cease to amaze me with your quilting skills, Sarah. I adore this!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?