Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Floral four patch quilt

At some point last year I was surfing the internet and found myself ordering several yards of very sweet large scale floral prints. It was hard to choose a quilt for them to be honest.  Usually I work with much scaller scale prints.  Then I was flipping through the book linked at the end of the post and thought wow! I really love this super simple four patch with all the prints.

So, off I went.
The only hiccup is that in my mind this quilt was pink.  None of the pink sashing fabrics seemed right though. It really just screamed for the periwinkle.
Aren't they so sweet?


The back is actually pink.

The inspiration quilt in Cotton Candy Quilts.

Details:
Pattern 4 patch
Variety of cotton prints, mostly 30s repros, with one actual vintage print
gingham is Robert Kaufman Carolina Gingham which is so, so soft and lovely
Cotton batting
Backing is a shabby chic from Target sheet
Finished at 64x64
Completed Jan 1, 2017




2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your quilts, but this one makes me think of spring and warmer temperatures. :) Happy thoughts indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?