Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hapde Burfday Sammi!


And just like that, she turns 6!

It's hard to imagine she is currently the age Jack was when she was born. In some ways Sammi is *really* my baby, not Grant.  She is a tiny thing and it makes her seem much younger than 6 really. Sometimes I look at her and think wait, you can read?!?!?

She continues to be a bright spot in everyone's day.  No one can meet Sam without feeling her positive little spirit.

Dear Sammi,

Today you are 6! A growing up girl. Hapde Burfday my love.

The transition to kindy has been rough, huh? I know you miss me, and I miss you.  Growing up is not so easy to do.

You are:
reading like a fool, all the things!
always toting a backpack full of books
still in love with ALL THE TINY THINGS. If there is a tiny toy you need it.
shy
spiritual (amazingly so)
intuitive
extremely emotionally intelligent
good at math
the only kid I know who very easily gives up toys to clean up their room or make room for new
practical
very attached to both of your brothers, for different reasons, and easily able to get along with two boys who can be quite challenging
super, super into art and crafts - you must own 9,000 crayons
petite (this is probably the year grant passes you by)
hardly ever a problem for me and dad
a picky eater (although now you will raspberries and carrots, this is  HUGE progress)
in book club at school and gymnastics afterwards
pretty sure you are going to grow up to be a gymnast (Although I am pretty sure you are more science minded than you think)
still into fashion and always wearing all the not matching things you can find in the drawer
hate wearing socks and shoes ("the grass is heaven on my feet")
saying things like - my head feels like a wrecking ball! when you have a headache
find lots of things scary (like frozen. who finds frozen scary? you.)
your favorite food is mac n cheese (or mcds)
your favorite color is rainbow
your favorite book is currently a Nest for Celeste, although you are still toting around Little Owl


My hope for you this year is that you grow into your voice a little more. You have things worth saying and worth being heard my girl. Say them LOUD and make sure people hear you.

Love you
Mama



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sammi!! I love that quote, "the grass is heaven on my feet" how sweet. Enjoy celebrating your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6th Birthday Sammi! You sound like quite the amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?