Tuesday, March 14, 2017

On the plus side quilt

My latest quilt finish is done! This one seemed to drag on and on.

It's a 1930s Nancy Cabot pattern that was really popular again a few years ago. Most people call it x and plus. I believe Nancy Cabot called it a spool block.

I saw an Instagram quilt that used the same color story (I think hers was an art gallery bundle?) so I dug around in my stash and pulled out things that looked close.
Scrappy stash quilts are super fun. It's nice to get this stuff used up!


I came across a scrap of the Nicey Jane stripe while destashing some fabric and it seemed like the perfect binding finish!

On the plus side
Completed March, 2017
Cotton batting
Stash fabrics
Free internet pattern


2 comments:

  1. This quilt is really beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Sarah! It's nice to see the really close-ups you don't get on IG. So, you used newer and older fabrics? I have to remind myself once in awhile, in quilting there are no "rules." I've been second guessing myself on a recent project. It's perfectionist in me...grrr! I don't want to a rule follower!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?