Monday, July 24, 2017

Beeswax fabric jar covers


The kids and I have completely fallen in love with these Yoplait French Oui! yogurts. They come in the cutest glass jars which are handy but you are left needing a lid. I'd been wanting to try beeswax wraps for a few years but was put off by the price. 

A quick google led to a million tutorials, (here's one on using the oven, and the one I very LOOSELY followed using the iron. I didn't have parchment paper so I used wax paper and a ton of newspaper and it worked out just fine, BUT I have a lot of iron experience from quilting, so proceed with caution if you are too lazy to get parchment paper like me!)

I ordered beeswax beads off Amazon prime and whipped a few squares this morning.

Now we have the cutest little jam jars!

1 comment:

  1. I want to know more about this - you made these yourself? Tutorial? I want to give them a whirl, but am also slightly turned off by the price.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?