I bought myself this cute little kitchen table when we lived in Florida. I was childless then, but I did have the cats. I knew they would want to scratch the heck out of the rattan stuff on the back of the chairs, so I made slipcovers for the chairs immediately.
I don't know exactly why, but I remember that these slipcovers were HARD for me to make. Something about figuring out that scalloped edge.
Fast forward 10 years and Jack has managed to kick BIG holes in the backs of the chairs with his little feet! And my old slipcovers are by now horribly stained and ripping to shreds.
I noticed when I redid all the fabric in the sewing room that I had a huge tub full of embroidered linens in there for cutting apart.
I used odd tablecloths, pillowcases, and dishtowels to sew myself new slipcovers.
Except this time the project was a no brainer and took me all of 30 minutes max to make them all.
The sewing machine and I have clearly come a long way baby.
Now I just need to figure out how to repair the chairs, since I am not likely to part with my sweet old table that is the *perfect* size for all those tablecloths...