Monday, March 11, 2024

Jack grows wings

In preparation for a semester abroad, Jack flew to DC  with a friend over Xmas break. He had never flown before and needed practice. 

We took the kids to a valentine festival that was super cute. 

I took them to a local waterfall when it was like -30 degrees. Lord it was so cold. 

Sam had her 13th bday portraits taken. 


Dave and I went to an equally blustery -20 degree Chicago to see the downton Abbey exhibit for a day and night. The dresses were gorgeous and we stayed in the cutest hotel, ate delicious new to us food…

And saw the 16 candles house!





Grant decided he needed a more stylish haircut as he rockets towards middle school in the fall. 
Sam had an orchestra concert. 
And we all went to Chicago this time (and barely survived a tornado - don’t ask) to send our jack off to Seoul for a semester! 
He is doing so great there and really enjoying it’s ( and yes, I’m fine! There was definitely a time when I was not sure Jack would be able to do things I watched the other kids doing, but he is exceeding all my hopes and expectations. He works very hard to overcome his challenges and I just couldn’t be any prouder of him.) 
And I snuck in a cutie quilt this week for Easter! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. What say you?